Invisalign is a teeth-straightening system that uses a series of clear, custom-made aligners to gradually move your teeth into their desired positions. At Paglia family Dental there are several steps in creating the perfect smile using Invisalign:
1. We start with a Consultation with our specially trained Invisalign coordinator as well as the doctor. The consultation can be virtual or in person depending on your preference and the visit is always free. We will assess your teeth and discuss your treatment goals tailored especially to you and your orthodontic needs.
2. 3D Scanning: If Invisalign is suitable for you, we will take digital scans of your teeth to create a 3D model of your teeth. We are able to show you a simulated outcome right then as to how your teeth will look straight. This is an exciting innovation that patients really appreciate.
3. Treatment Plan: Dr. Paglia will create an individualized treatment plan based on the unique esthetic and functional needs of the patient. This representation is called the clincheck, or virtual model of your teeth. This model is what the doctor uses to design the desired treatment goals.
4. Aligner Production: Based on the treatment plan, a series of clear plastic aligners are custom-made for you. Each set of aligners is worn for approximately 10-14 days.
5. Wearing Aligners: You wear the aligners for 18-20 hours a day, removing them only for eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing.
6. Completion: When you've completed all the aligner sets, your teeth should have reached their desired positions. We will take a critical look at the teeth to make sure all desired esthetic and functional goals have been met. At that time, we will determine if the treatment is finished or if more treatment is needed in the form of refinement or additional aligners.
8. Retention: To maintain your new smile, all patients will need a retainer to prevent teeth from shifting back. The retainer looks and feels similar to the aligners, except for more durable.